Everflow can fire a Facebook pixel using Facebook's Conversions API. This guide is to help Partners configure their postback setup in Everflow to receive Facebook pixels. This integration is used to push conversion data into Facebook from Everflow in order to optimize performance data in Facebook.
Step #1: Create an App in Facebook
- Navigate to https://developers.facebook.com/apps/
- Click Create App.
- Select Manage Business Integrations.
- Fill in the fields. Under App Purpose, be sure to select "Yourself or your own business."
- Link your Business Manager to the App.
- Navigate to Settings > Basic on the left-side menu. Copy your App ID and App Secret, as they will be needed later in Step #4.
Step #2: Create a new System User in Facebook
Navigate to https://business.facebook.com/settings and select your business account.
- On the left-side menu, select Users > System Users.
- Click Add to start creating a new System User.
- Enter name and select Admin as the System User Role.
Step #3: Generate Token in Facebook
- Select the new System User from the list.
- Click Add Assets.
- Select Apps.
- Click on the newly created App.
- Enable Manage App.
- Click Save Changes.
- Click Generate New Token.
- In the pull-down menu select the newly created App.
- Under Available Permissions, select ads_read. This is the only permission required to fire server-side pixels.
**IMPORTANT** Once the token is generated, be sure to keep a copy of it as you will not be able to see it again, and will need to enter it in Step #4.
Step #4: Add Facebook App to your Everflow Partner Login
- Login to your Everflow Partner account.
- Navigate to Company - Integrations, then click Add Business on the Facebook Business Accounts card.
- Fill in the fields with the information collected in Step #1 and Step #2. Business Name can be any name you choose. Save.
Step #5: Setup Facebook Pixel in Everflow
- Navigate to Postbacks and decide whether you want to edit an existing postback or add a new one.
- Under Delivery Method, select Facebook.
- Under Facebook Business, select the Business App created in Step #1.
- Under Facebook Pixel, select the ID. To find the ID or create a new one - [Click Here]
- Under Facebook Event Name, select the Event that matches the action of the Pixel. For more details about Events - [Click Here]
- Scroll down, and add in action_source. Please reference the documentation linked below to determine the value to enter here.
action_source, as described by Facebook: “This field allows you to specify where your conversions occurred. Knowing where your events took place helps ensure your ads go to the right people. “
- Scroll down to Facebook User Data, and click +Add. Under Data Field, select Fbc. Please reference this documentation to determine the value to enter here.
Once you have completed this setup in your Partner Portal, the Network must complete the following in their Network Portal:
Navigate to Partners - Postback. Click Edit on the row of the pixel. Add the Event Source URL.
The event_source_url, as described by Facebook: “The browser URL where the event happened.”
NEED HELP? OUR CUSTOMER SUCCESS TEAM IS HERE FOR YOU!
We've assembled a superstar team of industry veterans that are available around the clock to make sure that your issues are resolved and questions are answered. You can reach out any time in-platform via Chat or by emailing email@example.com.